Now how do you know if there’s something wrong with your website? Or worded another way –
What are the symptoms of your website being unhealthy?
Some of the more obvious symptoms might be:
- No-one ever visits your website
- People visit your website – but no-one ever makes contact.
- People ask questions – but they are always time wasting in nature
Some of the less obvious symptoms are those you can uncover and be aware of by using a good web analytics package. This will measure what’s happening on your website, and also help you diagnose problems.
A good a place to start as any is – Google Analytics. It’s free and easy to set-up and use. And it’ll diagnose things like:
- High Bounce rates (that’s when someone visits your site but leaves immediately)
- Which pages are exited from the most
- What percentage of your visitors actually return for additional visits
- …. and a whole load more.
Okay – I’m off to bed. But before I do, I’d like to urge you to make sure you’ve got your own early health warning system set-up on your website. It’s much better staving off an illness – than getting sick (I can vouch for that at the moment!!)
So if you dont have Google Analytics – get your web developer to add it to your website today.
Trackback from your site.